Junior Member

Default How to calculate multiple conditions?

Hi everyone,

This is a fairly new concept to me so I hope you can help. I have 3 columns of data, a sample is below and I wish to work out something similar to this:

if Column A = Success AND B = Success AND C=Success then Make column D say "<25 Days"
if Column A = Failure AND B=Success AND C = Success then make column D say "<35 Days"
if Column A - Failure AND B = Failure AND C = Success then make column D say "<45 Days"

Each of the results in columns A to C are calculated from IF statements from a field further up in my spreadsheet, I'm just trying to work out the time between 2 days and bunch them together into 3 groups. Do you also think there might be an easier way to work out columns A,B and C in the first place? My only concern and why I feel the date to do soMEthing similar to the above is because if I just say if A = Success or if B = Success then potentially the same line could appear in each of the 3 sections (if column A, B and C all say Success)

By themselves each line will say something like this but don't know how to tag all 3 together:
=IF(AND(AP2="Failure",AQ2="Failure",AR2="Success") ,"25 Days Plus","Open")

Not Planned but Resolved within 25 Days / Not Planned but Resolved within 35 Days / Not Planned but Resolved within 45 Days
Failure Failure Failure
Failure Failure Failure
Success Success Success
Success Success Success
Failure Success Success
Success Success Success
Failure Failure Failure
Success Success Success
Failure Failure Success
Success Success Success
Failure Failure Failure

Last edited by D4WNO : September 4th 12 at 05:15 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have 3
columns of data, a sample is below and I wish to work out something
similar to this:

if Column A = Success AND B = Success AND C=Success then Make column D
say "<25 Days"

if Column A = Failure AND B=Success AND C = Success then make column D
say "<35 Days"

if Column A - Failure AND B = Failure AND C = Success then make column D

say "<45 Days"

By themselves each line will say something like this but don't know how
to tag all 3 together:

=IF(AND(AP2="Failure",AQ2="Failure",AR2="Success") ,"25 Days
Plus","Open")

Rather than use a logical expression with individual cells, you could concatenate the three:
AP2 & AQ2 & AR2
Then you could use VLOOKUP(AP2 & AQ2 & AR2, ... ) to choose the result from a table. There are only 8 possibilities.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"D4WNO" wrote:
I wish to work out something similar to this:
if Column A = Success AND B = Success AND C=Success
then Make column D say "<25 Days"
if Column A = Failure AND B=Success AND C = Success
then make column D say "<35 Days"
if Column A - Failure AND B = Failure AND C = Success
then make column D say "<45 Days"

[....]
By themselves each line will say something like this
but don't know how to tag all 3 together:
=IF(AND(AP2="Failure",AQ2="Failure",AR2="Success") ,
"25 Days Plus","Open")

First you say the data are in columns A, B and C. But based on your
example, they are in columns AP, AQ and AR.

First you say you want the results to be "<25 Days", "<35 Days" and "<45
Days". But the results in your example are "25 Days Plus" or "Open" --
incomplete, but obviously very different.

Finally, you give no indication of what you want when none of those 3
conditions is met. Maybe "Open"?

So I don't really know what you need. If the following does not do what you
require, please clarify your requirements.

=IF(AND(AQ2="Success",AR2="Success"),
IF(AP2="Success","<25 Days","<35 Days"),
IF(AND(AP2="Failure",AQ2="Failure",AR2="Success"), "<45 Days","Open"))

Caveat: The middle IF expression assumes that AP2 is either "Success" or
"Failure". If it might something else (e.g. empty) and you want to treat
that as "Open", then write:

=IF(AND(AQ2="Success",AR2="Success"),
IF(AP2="Success","<25 Days",IF(AP2="Failure","<35 Days","Open")),
IF(AND(AP2="Failure",AQ2="Failure",AR2="Success"), "<45 Days","Open"))

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeu2004[_2_] View Post
"D4WNO" wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much for your help :)