Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculating age of debt (30,60,90 days)

Can anyone show me the logic for calculating the 30, 60,90,120 ages of
items in an account. The calculations are complicated by the fact that
there might be new invoices and down payments in the period under question
eg:
Date/description/amount/balance
1 May /Invoice/$1000/$1000
15 June/Payment/$250/$750
28 June/Invoice/$500/$1250

Thanks
Laurence
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 04/09/2012 11:44 AM, Laurence Lombard wrote:
Can anyone show me the logic for calculating the 30, 60,90,120 ages of
items in an account. The calculations are complicated by the fact that
there might be new invoices and down payments in the period under question
eg:
Date/description/amount/balance
1 May /Invoice/$1000/$1000
15 June/Payment/$250/$750
28 June/Invoice/$500/$1250

Thanks
Laurence

I managed to figure out something. I have tackled the problem with VBA
code. It would be interesting to know whether one can do it with
formulas. Here is my take on the subject
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11809449/DebtAgeAnalysis.xls
--

Regards
Laurence