Junior Member

Exclamation Search and consolidate multiple values in multiple fields

Hello

Wondering if anyone can help me come up with a formula. Basically I want a single cell to search a worksheet for different information and spit out the total sum of that corrosponding "number". I attemted a consolidate and a sumif but it won't look for the multiple values that im after.

Basically I have a table of budgetary costs broken down into sub sections - however the report that I run breaks these down even further into individual codings. I want to be able to search for codes 5111000, 5113100,515000 etc and have it return the sum amount of all those codes into the table ive created that just has the sub section (summarises the costs). As there is multiple users and it is a copy and paste excercise the data will not be in the exact same corrosponding line every time - i.e code 5111000 could be in cell 1 on sheet 1 but on A48 on Sheet to - I need it to search that whole section for the correct number and then the amount in the cell next to it.

I hope this is making sense!! Been looking for something that can do this and unfortunately I can't write macros!!

Thanks - Chrissy
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy1818 View Post
[...]

Hi Chrissy,

There are several ways to do this but which will suit you best very much depends on exactly how your data is set out and which version of excel you are using.

Any chance of a sample workbook?

If you cannot post it here, feel free to email it to me on pubnut @ gmail . Com (with no spaces) and I'll happily have a look from there.

S.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi Chrissy,

There are several ways to do this but which will suit you best very much depends on exactly how your data is set out and which version of excel you are using.

Any chance of a sample workbook?

If you cannot post it here, feel free to email it to me on pubnut @ gmail . Com (with no spaces) and I'll happily have a look from there.

S.
Hello

It wouldn't let me post it so I will email it through.

Thanks for that