Junior Member

Default Conditional Formatting in Excel 2003

Good day everyone,

I have an excel sheet to keep track of who has taken a course, when they took it, which automatically calculates ten years from then for the expirtation date.

My issue is even the blank cells for people who did not take the course (H2 Expiry date) get affected by my conditional formatting and turn green which is only supposed to be for dates 6 months past today and over.

I want to make the blank cells in H to stay white, which my conditional formatting is still effective for the other information.

Here are my formulas:

H2 to add 10 years to when they took the course
=IF(G2="","",DATE(YEAR(G2)+10,MONTH(G2),DAY(G2)))

Conditional formating
Green
=$H10TODAY()+181

Red
=AND($H100,$H10<TODAY())

Yellow
=TODAY()-$H10<180

I know I am missing something obvious, and I thought I had already fixed it but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jade,

Am Fri, 3 Aug 2012 16:06:00 +0000 schrieb Jade Summers:

Conditional formating
Green
=$H10TODAY()+181

try:
=AND(LEN(H2)0,H2TODAY()+181)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Jade,

Am Fri, 3 Aug 2012 16:06:00 +0000 schrieb Jade Summers:

Conditional formating
Green
=$H10TODAY()+181

try:
=AND(LEN(H2)0,H2TODAY()+181)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

As per usual that worked wonderfully! Thank you.