Junior Member

Default Automation of copy/pasting data and retrieving results

Hi,

Can someone please assist me with a solution:

Background:
I have a workbook with three work sheets:
• The first worksheet (which I will call WS1) is to be used as a User Interface to collect data.
• The second worksheet (which I will call WS2) acts as database and data manipulation sheet. This is a hidden sheet not to be visible to the users.
• The third worksheet (which I will call WS3) is the display sheet displaying the results including charts.

About 20 data items are entered every day in WS1, which must be pasted in a new row of WS2. Hence each row of WS2 representing the entry for a specific date.

WS3 must display the entries of selected cells in first row and the last entered row in WS2. as well as other relevant information pulled from WS2 using formulas + also dynamic charts based on selection made by a user.

Requirements:

Can someone assist me with how to automatically populate WS2 with on a daily basis. And how can I refresh the same cells in WS3 with the last row data from WS2. To do this I have thought of a vlookup based on TODAY() on another hidden page and then displaying it here. However I will be happy to have someone point me in the direction of a better and simpler solution. Also can someone guide me if it possible to display different charts based on checkbox selections made by a user on WS1?

Performance: The spread sheet will be used for about 2 years and will execute at least 5 formulas daily to get the necessary daily results for displaying tom the users. Over and above these will any other formulas or macros that you may suggest.

Excel Knowledge:
I am comfortable using Formulas (mostly through trial and error) but have no knowledge of Macros. Having said that I am eager to learn macros (I do not have a programming background).

Thanks any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sohill