Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to strip an individual symbol from each row in a column

I'm using Excel 2002. I've imported a stock market watchlist and the column
with the stock symbols (50 of them) looks like this:

<axln
<aapl
<bwld
<caml

etc....

Is there a way in Excel to strip the < and symbols from each line, leaving
only the actual stock market symbol (ie: axln, aapl ). I've done it
manually, but it's very tedious. I'm looking for a way to do this
automatically.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi John,

Am Thu, 5 Jul 2012 22:46:02 -0700 schrieb jbclem:

<axln
<aapl
<bwld
<caml

etc....

Is there a way in Excel to strip the < and symbols from each line, leaving
only the actual stock market symbol (ie: axln, aapl ). I've done it
manually, but it's very tedious. I'm looking for a way to do this
automatically.

try it with Find & Replace:
Find what < and replace with nothing then
find what and replace with nothing

Regards
Claus Busch
--