Junior Member

Default Rostering form: Adding New Lines to a table about a totals calculation.

Hi all!
I popped on here a few weeks ago asking for a way to have a button(macro linked) prompt for a value from the user and then populate a new sheet using a Template.

i was completely baffled by How to do this even though i got a good few responses (as i am very new to using macros in excel).

so iv gone back to the drawing board and and decided to add an easier way to solve the problem. Now this is were you guys come in :)

i basically want a button that you can press and once pressed it will find the Last line in the roster (but above the totals calculations) and then add a new lines (or lines if its possible to prompt user to input how many lines they want). I also need it to add the next corresponding number in Columns A and AE.

below is a picture of my Main rostering form. each cell containing DIA is a drop down that pulls from a main list of Job numbers and ON/OFF/HRS then display the details for that job number and all the calculations are then done in the bottom of the sheet and sent to a calculations form for working out average shift times ect ect ect.

i wont be able to change were the totals are calculated as this is how every one of the company's rosters are submitted for review so they have to be set out in this way (annoying i know!!)

so any help would be Very much appreciated! please note im not very Macro Minded so please explain to me like your talking to a caveman :)
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omen666blue View Post
[...]

Any ideas guys?
Cheers
Junior Member

Anybody figured out a way of doing this? im still racking my brain! im sure there is an easy way!

regards
chris