Junior Member

Default Deleting Certain Data in Excell

Hello,
I have three columns of data, vertex points for x y and z coordinates, with a total of 65 thousand rows.

In my A1 column the numbers repeat itself; they run from 0 to 255, 255 times. I'm trying to delete rows that run from 0 to 99 and just be left with the values 100 to 255, and also to have no gaps left from the deleted fields.

Is there a quick way of doing this? All advice appreciated!:)

Thanks,
Kathryn
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn39 View Post
Hello,
I have three columns of data, vertex points for x y and z coordinates, with a total of 65 thousand rows.

In my A1 column the numbers repeat itself; they run from 0 to 255, 255 times. I'm trying to delete rows that run from 0 to 99 and just be left with the values 100 to 255, and also to have no gaps left from the deleted fields.

Is there a quick way of doing this? All advice appreciated!:)

Thanks,
Kathryn

Hi Kathryn,

One way would be to enter the below foruma into row two of a blank column and copy down to the last populated row. Then filter that column to show only "X", then highlight and delete those rows.

=IF(AND(A2=0,A2<=99),"X","")
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn39 View Post
Hello,
I have three columns of data, vertex points for x y and z coordinates, with a total of 65 thousand rows.

In my A1 column the numbers repeat itself; they run from 0 to 255, 255 times. I'm trying to delete rows that run from 0 to 99 and just be left with the values 100 to 255, and also to have no gaps left from the deleted fields.

Is there a quick way of doing this? All advice appreciated!:)

Thanks,
Kathryn
You could also filter column A to be greater or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 99 and then delete these rows...
Junior Member

Hi Spencer,

thanks a million that worked, great help cheers!

Kathryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi Kathryn,

One way would be to enter the below foruma into row two of a blank column and copy down to the last populated row. Then filter that column to show only "X", then highlight and delete those rows.

=IF(AND(A2=0,A2<=99),"X","")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:33:12 +0000, Kathryn39 wrote:

Hello,
I have three columns of data, vertex points for x y and z coordinates,
with a total of 65 thousand rows.

In my A1 column the numbers repeat itself; they run from 0 to 255, 255
times. I'm trying to delete rows that run from 0 to 99 and just be left
with the values 100 to 255, and also to have no gaps left from the
deleted fields.

Is there a quick way of doing this? All advice appreciated!:)

Thanks,
Kathryn

I believe you can use the AutoFilter method, if you don't mind deleting the entire row:

This assumes labels in row 1
Autofilter by column A by using a Number Filter; less than or equal to 99
select the range that is visible, EXCLUDING Row 1
Edit / Find & Select / GoToSpecial / Visible Cells Only
Cells / Delete : You will see a dialog box asking if you want to delete the entire row; answer Yes.

If this is something you will need to do many times, it can be automated using a macro.

If you cannot delete the entire row, post back and we can do an area by area deletion.