Junior Member

Default RPG Initiative Segment Counter help!

Hi I'm a rank amateur and I'm trying to work on something for leisure. its a Rifts Initiative chart for my role playing game.

What Id like it to do:
it takes the dice roll of the initiative (1-32)
the divides that by the number of attacks (1-15)
to get the exact initiative segment that the character acts on

For instance if the player rolls a 20 initiative, and has 5 attacks,
then he acts on segments 20,16,12,8, and 4

I have managed to stumble my way into getting excel to show me the segments,

how to I make a chart with /name/initiative/attacks/and the numbers counting down 32, 31, 30, 29, etc
And get the cell to auto-populate and "X" or color mark in the characters active segments and leave the rest blank.

Thank you for any advice you can provide, I don't know if this may be extreme for some, but it passed my ape brain long ago.

Can anyone help?
Junior Member

Hi I'm a rank amateur and I'm trying to work on something for leisure. its a Rifts Initiative chart for my role playing game.

What Id like it to do:
it takes the dice roll of the initiative (1-32)
the divides that by the number of attacks (1-15)
to get the exact initiative segment that the character acts on

For instance if the player rolls a 20 initiative, and has 5 attacks,
then he acts on segments 20,16,12,8, and 4

I have managed to stumble my way into getting excel to show me the segments,

how do i go from this
Starting (i have figured this part out already)

how to I make a chart with /name/initiative/attacks/and the numbers counting down 32, 31, 30, 29, etc
And get the cell to auto-populate and "X" or color mark in the characters active segments and leave the rest blank.

to make it look like this

Thank you for any advice you can provide.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrownight View Post
[...]

Hi,

Any chance you could post an example workbook so we can see how it's all working so far? That would make it much easier to help you get over the next hurdle.

Cheers.

S.