pugsly8422

Default Converting Formula answers to numbers

I have a giant database, and a number of formulas within in it. I've used
the formulas to calculate a total for each object and now I want to sort by
that total. When I do this, the formulas change. For example, for each item
I subtracted one of the numbers from the average for all of the items. To do
this I drug the formula down and then had to go back and use replace to
change all to subtract from that same number. When I try to sort, those
numbers that I used replace to change come back. I could just go down the
list and type each number in a cell next to it and use that, but I wanted to
hopefully find an easier way.
Alan

You could Paste Special Values the formulas, or if you dont want to lose
the formulas for good, go =A1 in B1 and drag down, then Paste Special Values
column B,
Regards,
Alan.
"pugsly8422" wrote in message
I have a giant database, and a number of formulas within in it. I've used
the formulas to calculate a total for each object and now I want to sort
by
that total. When I do this, the formulas change. For example, for each
item
I subtracted one of the numbers from the average for all of the items. To
do
this I drug the formula down and then had to go back and use replace to
change all to subtract from that same number. When I try to sort, those
numbers that I used replace to change come back. I could just go down the
list and type each number in a cell next to it and use that, but I wanted
hopefully find an easier way.

B. R.Ramachandran

Select and copy the column containing the calculated results from those
formulas, go to 'Paste Special' in 'Edit', select 'Values' under 'Paste',
click 'OK' and 'Enter'. The calculated results will change into free numbers.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran