justin

Default how do you format a cell to be in degrees

I want to find the cosine of an angle, but the computer doesn't know the
value I am referencing is in the form of a degree.

can anyone help me!!
bj

you have to change it to radians in your formula
=cos(Val*pi()/180)

"justin" wrote:

I want to find the cosine of an angle, but the computer doesn't know the
value I am referencing is in the form of a degree.

can anyone help me!!

David Hepner

This may help you:

Insert a degree symbol Help
You can easily insert a degree symbol in your Office documents. Most fonts
that Microsoft Windows® users have installed include a degree symbol.

The following are some ways that you can insert a degree symbol, depending
on which Office program you are using.

Insert the degree symbol by using the Symbols command on the Insert menu.
Insert the degree symbol by using the Windows Character Map tool.
Type the keyboard shortcut for the degree symbol, and then change the symbol
to the correct font type.
Use the Office AutoCorrect feature to translate the text of your choice into
the degree symbol.