Junior Member

Default Search and Link across worksheets

As my ID suggests, I am far from expert level in Excel, but I find that two days of Google have not helped narrow down a solution, nor have I found an appropriate link elsewhere.

I need to set up an find/match/hyperlink in a template worksheet. Each deployment of the template will contain different data, but the sheet/cell references should remain consistent.

Here's the deal - I would like to be able to say "In T4 on Sheet1, read the value of C4 on Sheet1, and search Sheet2, Table18 and put a link to the match (on Sheet2) in Sheet1, T4." (find Sheet1!C4 in Sheet2!Table18, insert link to Sheet2!<result in Sheet1!T4). Then, of course, carry this down the list for rows 5-999 on the source table in Sheet1. The basic idea is to allow the end users to click a link that will take them to another sheet with detailed data on the record that they are currently using.

I have been going this alone, trying match, index, hyperlink, vlookup and combinations of the above. But I'm just not able to figure out the right combination.

Is there anyone who may be able to help?

Thank you in advance for your consideration and understanding.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelDuffer View Post
[...]

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I wasn't sure if it belonged in "linking," "programming," or "functions." Again, thank you for your patience and understanding.
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelDuffer View Post
P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I wasn't sure if it belonged in "linking," "programming," or "functions." Again, thank you for your patience and understanding.
Dear ExcelDuffer, Good Afternoon.

Any chance you could show us an example of the workbook to make it easier to understand the issue?

Attach it here.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobăo
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
Dear ExcelDuffer, Good Afternoon.

Any chance you could show us an example of the workbook to make it easier to understand the issue?

Attach it here.
Attaching a smaller version (.zip format was the only one I could get in under the size limit). In this copy, I want to read Sheet1!C4, and create a link in Sheet1!D4 that points to Sheet2!E7. Fill in the pattern, etc.

Please let me know if this requires any clarification.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sample.zip (11.8 KB, 40 views)
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelDuffer View Post
Attaching a smaller version (.zip format was the only one I could get in under the size limit). In this copy, I want to read Sheet1!C4, and create a link in Sheet1!D4 that points to Sheet2!E7. Fill in the pattern, etc.

Please let me know if this requires any clarification.

Thanks
Anyone have any further thoughts on this? Can I provide additional information if it would help?

Thanks!