Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Un-Hide Col. A (Excel Starter)

Hi:

I deliberately "hid" column A in my worksheet tab.

Now I want to un-hide it. I have no problem un-hiding columns with a
visible column to the left but ...

N.B.: I am using Microsoft Excel STARTER.

thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

on 4/25/2012, John Gilmer supposed :
Hi:

I deliberately "hid" column A in my worksheet tab.

Now I want to un-hide it. I have no problem un-hiding columns with a
visible column to the left but ...

N.B.: I am using Microsoft Excel STARTER.

thanks in advance.

Try positioning your mouse just to the right of the row labels (left
side of 1st visible column header) until you see the pointer change to
double vertical bars. Right-click there and choose Unhide from the
popup menu.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 4/25/2012 2:51 PM, Gord Dibben wrote:
If you can't find the double bars try CTRL + a to select all.

BINGO!

It worked like a charm! (I had tried "selecting all" by clicking the
"corner" but that didn't let me use the "un-hide" option when right
clicking.)

Thanks a LOT.

btw: WHAT double bars? EMWTK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord Dibben expressed precisely :
If you can't find the double bars try CTRL + a to select all.

Then right-click on a column header and FormatColumnUnhide.

Yeah, that's probably easier if you don't have a steady hand with the
mouse. It's a bit easier using a touchpad, but for most folks your idea
is still easier IMO. I use my method regularly and so I'm just used to
doing it that way (even when selecting across hidden cols).<g

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It happens that John Gilmer formulated :
btw: WHAT double bars? EMWTK

You need a steady mouse hand to get those bars. See my reply to Gord
for more info why I suggested doing it that way...