Junior Member

Lightbulb lookup value for form multiple combination in a Matrix

hi , i m trying to retrieve the value from a TAT matrix for different combinations ,
here attaching the file , working in the result sheet, where it will lookup for TAT for the different Origin to their respective Destinations as per Sheet TAT. Plz assist with the possible solution.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TAT REPORT NEW.zip (82.6 KB, 46 views)
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamanabh View Post
hi , i m trying to retrieve the value from a TAT matrix for different combinations ,
here attaching the file , working in the result sheet, where it will lookup for TAT for the different Origin to their respective Destinations as per Sheet TAT. Plz assist with the possible solution.
Dear Pamanabh, Good Afternoon.

Could you show us a little example about your desired results to easier our help to you?

Remember that you know a lot about your data and how they work together, and for us it´s the first time that we see them, isn´t?
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
Dear Pamanabh, Good Afternoon.

Could you show us a little example about your desired results to easier our help to you?

Remember that you know a lot about your data and how they work together, and for us it´s the first time that we see them, isn´t?
Hi !!1 good Evening .

Let me Give a breif...exmple

Sheet 1

Org Dest TAT
BBI CCU
CTK BBI
BKS BBI
BHG CTK

Col A contain : Origin City code
Col B contain : Destination Code

Col C TAT to be calculate(?)

Sheet 2 MATRIX (134 cols and 134 rows)

Stn CCU BBI BHG BKS BLS CTK
CCU 1 1 1 1 1 1
BBI 1 1 2 2 2 2
BHG 1 2 1 2 2 2
BKS 1 2 2 1 2 2
BLS 1 2 2 2 1 2
CTK 1 2 2 2 2 1
GAU 1 2 2 2 2 2
IMF 1 2 2 2 2 2

Sheet 2 is matrix contain the time in Days if any shipment travel between any two city. we can assume origin or destination to any of the axis as its a Square matrix containing same codes in x and y axis.

Now have to check for TAT in Sheet 1. (COL C )
i m trying to pu Vlookup and Match but is not working ....
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

[...]

HELP from BRAZIL <<<<<<

Dear Pamanabh, Good Evening.

Now your example was VERY CLEAR.

As you said before
"i m trying to pu Vlookup and Match but is not working ....
You´re right.

The simple formula uses only VLOOKUP and MATCH.

Take a look at it and tell me if it worked for you.

Have a nice day.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
HELP from BRAZIL <<<<<<

Dear Pamanabh, Good Evening.

Now your example was VERY CLEAR.

As you said before
"i m trying to pu Vlookup and Match but is not working ....
You´re right.

The simple formula uses only VLOOKUP and MATCH.

Take a look at it and tell me if it worked for you.

Have a nice day.

Hi Good evening !!!!!!

Yes its working !!!! thanks !!!!

got entire formula just want know the logic behind passing Argument +1,o

Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamanabh View Post
Hi Good evening !!!!!!
Yes its working !!!! thanks !!!!
got entire formula just want know the logic behind passing Argument +1,o
Dear Pamanabh, Good Afternoon.

The reason about +1 is simple.

In this case the Function MATCH starts searching at column 2.

The Function VLOOKUP always starts numbering columns as column 1.
As the used formula is indexed, you need to add +1 to capture the right answer.

Try to remove the +1 and observe the answer.
It will be the same value of a previous column.

Is it OK?

Have a nice day.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
Dear Pamanabh, Good Afternoon.

The reason about +1 is simple.

In this case the Function MATCH starts searching at column 2.

The Function VLOOKUP always starts numbering columns as column 1.
As the used formula is indexed, you need to add +1 to capture the right answer.

Try to remove the +1 and observe the answer.
It will be the same value of a previous column.

Is it OK?

Have a nice day.

yes its working as required!!!!! Thanks a lot buddy !!!!!! :)