Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default bingo

I have posted this in other group with no response

hi all

hope some one can help a work colleague has asked if it possible to have a
sheet for her charity work, it works like this, 25 people pick 6 numbers
1-49 (yes its based on the UK lottery) so she has a grid made out to suit
this i.e. Adam 1 5 9 10 25 49

down 25 names and numbers

then another grid made of
21.04.12 1 8 11 25 28 48

the idea is to match your numbers to the lottery numbers, first to do so
wins like a game of Bingo. at the moment she is colour filling grid as each
number is drawn :
Adam 1 5 9 10 25 49

is there a way of as when you insert the Lottery numbers that the
corresponding number picked changes colour. I have tried to do so using
Conditional Formatting but keep getting errors. my knowledge is basic and
still learning.

any help on this issue would be appreciated and it is a worth while charity
plus you would really her out as she is very busy with her cause.

thanks in advance

john

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

... 25 people pick 6 numbers
1-49 (yes its based on the UK lottery) so she has a grid made out to suit
this i.e. Adam 1 5 9 10 25 49

down 25 names and numbers

then another grid made of
21.04.12 1 8 11 25 28 48

is there a way of as when you insert the Lottery numbers that the
corresponding number picked changes colour.

This worked for me with Excel 2003.

I have the names in a column starting in A1, and the first grid of numbers in B1:G25.

I have the lottery numbers to be matched starting in K1 and extending to the right.

I selected B1:G25 and used this conditional formatting equation:
=COUNTIF($K$1:$AZ$1,B1)0

Hope this helps getting started.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

maybe I didn't make it clear, sorry but it goes like this.

a 3 4 9 28 36 39 21/04/2012 4 15 25 28 35 49
b 1 12 25 28 39 49 28/04/2012 12 13 36 37 41 46
c 3 4 8 14 39 49 05/05/2012

where column A is the name, a,b,c,d,etc. B to G the chosen Numbers. Column J
the date of draw. K to P the drawn numbers. hope this makes more sense.

thanks

John

"zvkmpw" wrote in message
... 25 people pick 6 numbers
1-49 (yes its based on the UK lottery) so she has a grid made out to
suit
this i.e. Adam 1 5 9 10 25 49

down 25 names and numbers

then another grid made of
21.04.12 1 8 11 25 28 48

is there a way of as when you insert the Lottery numbers that the
corresponding number picked changes colour.

This worked for me with Excel 2003.

I have the names in a column starting in A1, and the first grid of
numbers in B1:G25.

I have the lottery numbers to be matched starting in K1 and extending to
the right.

I selected B1:G25 and used this conditional formatting equation:
=COUNTIF($K$1:$AZ$1,B1)0

Hope this helps getting started.

Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkf[_3_] View Post
maybe I didn't make it clear, sorry but it goes like this.
a 3 4 9 28 36 39 21/04/2012 4 15 25 28 35 49
b 1 12 25 28 39 49 28/04/2012 12 13 36 37 41 46
c 3 4 8 14 39 49 05/05/2012
where column A is the name, a,b,c,d,etc. B to G the chosen Numbers. Column J
the date of draw. K to P the drawn numbers. hope this makes more sense.

thanks

John
"jkf" wrote in message

Dear John, Good Morning.

I did an example to you.
It´s attached.

Take a look and tell me if it worked for you.

Have a nice day.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you Mazzaropi

yes I think this is just what she looking for, could I ask how this was done
for my knowledge, I am novice in excel but do try to learn.

thank you once again for your help.

John

"Mazzaropi" wrote in message

;1601038']maybe I didn't make it clear, sorry but it goes like this.

"jkf" wrote in message

Dear John, Good Morning.

I did an example to you.
It´s attached.

Take a look and tell me if it worked for you.

Have a nice day.

|Filename: 21-04-2012_ExcelBanter_Bingo-for-Charity-HELP-from-BRAZIL.zip|
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=336|

Mazzaropi

Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkf[_3_] View Post
thank you Mazzaropi

yes I think this is just what she looking for, could I ask how this was done
for my knowledge, I am novice in excel but do try to learn.

thank you once again for your help.
John
Dear John, Good Morning.

I am very glad to help you on your charity work.
I thank you for this opportunity

I did an explanation on a tab called "How it works".
It´s attached.

I´m not a excel teacher but I tried to be clear.
If you have any question about it, please ask me.

Have a nice day.
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão