Junior Member

Default User name and password

How to keep usename and password to excel 2007

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please re-post with a better description of your needs.

Gord

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:35:52 +0000, kirann14
wrote:

How to keep usename and password to excel 2007

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A "sticky note" on the side of the computer works for some.

--
kirann14

Junior Member

I wanted to know how to add username and Password option to an spread sheet (Excel) so that it asks for username and password when ever a user opens an excel sheet. Kindly give me the code to get that option.

Thanks
Kiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Dibben[_2_] View Post

wrote:

How to keep usename and password to excel 2007

Thanks

Last edited by kirann14 : April 13th 12 at 02:03 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

kirann14 formulated on Friday :
Hi,

I wanted to know how to add username and Password option to an spread
sheet (Excel) so that it asks for username and password when ever a user
opens an excel sheet. Kindly give me the code to get that option.

Thanks
Kiran

;1600767']Please re-post with a better description of your needs.

wrote:
-

How to keep usename and password to excel 2007

Thanks-

Sheets aren't 'opened', workbooks are opened!

If what you mean is you want to prevent users from viewing certain
sheets unless they give the correct 'login' info (ie:
username/password) then please explain your project's structure so we
can better help you.

If what you mean is you want to prevent users from unauthorized opening
of Excel files then you need to password protect the file via the
SaveAs dialog.

Now.., if I still haven't 'guessed' what the heck you're trying to do
then please, please, please be more explicit!

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Following on Garry's post if you mean password protect usersheets from
viewing then add this code to ThisWorkbook module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim pword As String
On Error GoTo endit
pword = InputBox("Enter Your Password")
Select Case pword
Case Is = "Gord": Sheets("Gordsheet").Visible = True
Case Is = "Pete": Sheets("Petesheet").Visible = True
Case Is = "Manager": Call UnHideAllSheets
End Select
Sheets("BlankSheet").Visible = False
Exit Sub
endit:
MsgBox "Incorrect Password"

Dim sht As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("BlankSheet").Visible = xlSheetVisible
For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
If sht.Name < "BlankSheet" Then
sht.Visible = False
End If
Next sht
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

Also add this macro to a General Module so you as Manager can view all
sheets.

Sub UnHideAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim n As Single
For n = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(n).Visible = True
Next n
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord

Hi,

wrote:
-

How to keep usename and password to excel 2007

Thanks-

User Defined Password Ken Excel Programming 1 December 24th 07 02:35 PM
password for end user [email protected] Excel Programming 2 August 16th 07 06:22 AM
User Password jnf40 Excel Programming 2 April 4th 07 01:42 AM
User Name/Password Gordon[_15_] Excel Programming 0 January 17th 07 04:09 PM
Excel to have User Name and Password? [email protected] Excel Programming 7 January 13th 07 02:08 AM