Junior Member

Default Count unique entries in excel

Hi,
Have checked other threads and cannot see a specific response to a query like this. Appreciate any assistance out there.
I have put a sample of dataset - it is over 15K rows in total & has many other columns.

Issue: I would like to add a column next to the machine name which enters a number assigned to only unique number of machine names that exist - i.e. 1 next to the first entry BTLP0010 and next one down would be 0 as is a duplicate.
Is it possible to do this via formulaes as opposed to pivot tables and not as an overall total?

Column 1:
BTLP0010
BTLP0010
DSLP0057
DSLP0057
FRLP0090
FRLP0090
FRLP0101
FRLP0101
FRLP0103
FRLP0103
FRLP0104
FRLP0104

Thanks
Skippy1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:06:48 +0000, Skippy1 wrote:

[...]

=N(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)=1)