Wardy1

Default Set Conditions on Chart data

Hi, if anyone has an answer to this I would be most greatful.

I have constructed serveral charts, each with its own range of data.
Within the data range for each chart the cells contain formulas (an if
formula), to allow those months of the year not yet populated with data
to remain blank. However my chart is treating the formulas as zero's
and plotting them on the chart making it look odd (ie the data suddenly
falls to 0 with a long line from the last data point).

I have tried setting the 'Chart' settings to 'plot visible cells only'
under the 'Options' menu. But this does not alter the chart.

I'm trying to find some syntax in Visual basic to maybe set a macro to
tell it not to treat the formulas as cell population!!!

Any ideas??

Many thanks

Wardy
XX

--
Wardy1
Wardy1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27104

Paul Sheppard

Wardy1 Wrote:
Hi, if anyone has an answer to this I would be most greatful.

I have constructed serveral charts, each with its own range of data.
Within the data range for each chart the cells contain formulas (an if
formula), to allow those months of the year not yet populated with data
to remain blank. However my chart is treating the formulas as zero's
and plotting them on the chart making it look odd (ie the data suddenly
falls to 0 with a long line from the last data point).

I have tried setting the 'Chart' settings to 'plot visible cells only'
under the 'Options' menu. But this does not alter the chart.

I'm trying to find some syntax in Visual basic to maybe set a macro to
tell it not to treat the formulas as cell population!!!

Any ideas??

Many thanks

Wardy
XX

Hi Wardy

Instead of blank get your IF statement to return #N/A, they will then
not show on the chart

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783