Junior Member

Default Copying functionality lost

A longtime user of excel 2007, yesterday I could no longer copy in my usual way. Colors, and indentation in cells were no longer copied. Likewise, I used to copy and paste to a multiple number of cells by dragging the paste. Now I get the message that the "data on the clipboard is not the same as the selected area." I can paste, but only 1 cell at a time.

This lack of copying functionality happens regardless of the individual excel file I use.

I have not changed any settings on excel.

I need help getting back to where I was.
Thank you.
Junior Member

I have the same (or similar) problem. I can no longer copy and paste a formula. 'Paste special' only offers unicode text or text. Fill down still works.
Workbook calc is set to automatic. Formats for both cells involved in Copy and Paste are set to 'general'. Office Diagnostics found and repaired 1 problem but after restarting excel my copy/paste issue still exists. One week ago I auto-updated to Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (SP3) and The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3) but I'm not sure whether I used copy/paste functionality succesfully after that before I discovered the problem 5 days later. This problem occurs with new workbooks that have no hidden sheets or now Visual Basic. On user posted a similar problem that was reported to be resolved using addins (by adding 'obetexcelvbacommon') but I haven't found additional references to this and am reluctant to mess with it unless I get further information.

Any suggestions? - Stumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrkrueger View Post
A longtime user of excel 2007, yesterday I could no longer copy in my usual way. Colors, and indentation in cells were no longer copied. Likewise, I used to copy and paste to a multiple number of cells by dragging the paste. Now I get the message that the "data on the clipboard is not the same as the selected area." I can paste, but only 1 cell at a time.

This lack of copying functionality happens regardless of the individual excel file I use.

I have not changed any settings on excel.

I need help getting back to where I was.
Thank you.
Junior Member

I also just discovered that when I run the Windows system information utility (MSinfo32.exe) all info for Excel 2007 is 'not available'. However it is available for the other Office 2007 products.
Junior Member

See the thread " Excel 2010 not allowing me to paste as formula" in this forum. It's the same problem and deleting skypes 'click-to-call' resolved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephG View Post