Junior Member

Location: Vancouver
Default Hiding tabs in Excel

Hi folks,

Looking to hide a few tabs in Excel. Quite simply, so they don't show up along the bottom of my worksheet. Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks :)
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benallen105 View Post
Hi folks,

Looking to hide a few tabs in Excel. Quite simply, so they don't show up along the bottom of my worksheet. Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks :)
Yup. You should be able to right click the tab and select hide.
However, they can be unhidden by the user unless you protect the workbook too.

Hope that helps.

S.
Junior Member

Location: Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Yup. You should be able to right click the tab and select hide.
However, they can be unhidden by the user unless you protect the workbook too.

Hope that helps.

S.
Hi Spencer,

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have the option to Hide when I right click on the tabs?
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benallen105 View Post
Hi Spencer,

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have the option to Hide when I right click on the tabs?
Which version of Excel are you using??

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benallen105 View Post
Excel 2003
In that case, select the tab you wish to hide, then select the "Format" drop down menu, then "Sheet", then "Hide". Et voila! :)
Junior Member

Location: Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
In that case, select the tab you wish to hide, then select the "Format" drop down menu, then "Sheet", then "Hide". Et voila! :)
Perfect! That got it. Thanks a lot Spencer :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
benallen105

And IF? you want to prevent user from UN hiding then use a macro with VERYHIDDEN .Then ONLY a macro will unhide. Then protect your macros.

Hiding Tabs newguy Excel Programming 14 September 16th 08 05:49 PM
Hiding Tabs jordanpcpre Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 July 7th 08 09:08 PM
Hiding Tabs jdawg Excel Programming 1 June 24th 05 03:53 PM
Hiding Tabs Nash Excel Programming 2 June 21st 05 06:20 PM
Hiding Tabs Greg B[_4_] Excel Programming 3 March 8th 05 02:08 PM