Junior Member

Default Matching 2 colums from 2 seperate tabs

I am trying to set up a sheet that shows all racking on site and if it is damaged for whatever reason.

I have a sheet with all the locations in it (sheet 1) and if the location appears on the input sheet (sheet 2) then I want the reason why to appear in (sheet 1). This reason is from another column.

This will then give me a summary for the warehouse rather than sifting through all the repaired and not repaired damages.

Is this possible?
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtdjt View Post
I am trying to set up a sheet that shows all racking on site and if it is damaged for whatever reason.

I have a sheet with all the locations in it (sheet 1) and if the location appears on the input sheet (sheet 2) then I want the reason why to appear in (sheet 1). This reason is from another column.

This will then give me a summary for the warehouse rather than sifting through all the repaired and not repaired damages.

Is this possible?
Hi,
If I understand correctly what you mean then yes it's possible.

If you email me the spreadsheet you have so far I will show you how.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to set up a sheet that shows all racking on site and if it
is damaged for whatever reason.

I have a sheet with all the locations in it (sheet 1) and if the
location appears on the input sheet (sheet 2) then I want the reason why
to appear in (sheet 1). This reason is from another column.

This sounds like a straightforward application of VLOOKUP(). A description of the VLOOKUP function is in Excel's built-in Help.

On the other hand, it's more complicated if a location can appear more than once in sheet 2. If that's possible, what's the desired result?