BrianHall222

Default How do I find someones age in whole numbers?

I have 2 dates and I need to figure out how old someone is.
paige

this is from the help tool:

Use the subtraction (-) operator or the NETWORKDAYS function to do this task.
If this function is not available, install and load the Analysis ToolPak
add-in.

How?
On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then
click OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.
Worksheet example
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.

How?
Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
Select the example in the Help topic. Do not select the row or column
headers.

Selecting an example from Help

Press CTRL+C.
In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return
the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Tools menu, point to
Formula Auditing, and then click Formula Auditing Mode.

1
2
3
Date
6/8/2007
6/20/2007
Formula Description
=A3-A2 Days between the two dates (12)
=NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3) Weekdays between the two dates (9)

I have 2 dates and I need to figure out how old someone is.

David Hepner

If cell A1 (birthdate) contains one date and B1 (todays date) contains the
other:

In cell C1 type =B1-A1 then fomrat the cells using custom format type: yy

I have 2 dates and I need to figure out how old someone is.

bj

there is a function not listed in help
datedif()
=datedif(birthday,now(),"y")
will give the age

"BrianHall222" wrote:

I have 2 dates and I need to figure out how old someone is.

Dave Peterson

If you're gonna use =datedif(), you can find lots of info at Chip Pearson's
site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

(=datedif() was only document in xl2k's help.)

--

Dave Peterson