dgysr

Default How can I capatalize text in a column?

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How
do I do this?
Mike

I would dump the column into Word then do Format - Change Case - UPPERCASE
then dump it back into Excel. I do not see this feature in Excel.

"dgysr" wrote:

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How
do I do this?

paige

will you get your desired results if you use the =UPPER() formula in another
column?

"dgysr" wrote:

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How
do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the following macro:

Sub Change_Case()
Dim ocell As Range
Dim Ans As String
Ans = Application.InputBox("Type in Letter" & vbCr & _
"(L)owercase, (U)ppercase, (S)entence, (T)itles ")
If Ans = "" Then Exit Sub
For Each ocell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2)
Select Case UCase(Ans)
Case "L": ocell = LCase(ocell.Text)
Case "U": ocell = UCase(ocell.Text)
Case "S": ocell = UCase(Left(ocell.Text, 1)) & _
LCase(Right(ocell.Text, Len(ocell.Text) - 1))
Case "T": ocell = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(ocell.Text)
End Select
Next

End Sub

"dgysr" wrote:

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How
do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Mike, We are celebrating here in my office! Thanx for such an easy and
quick fix. I acutally have a headache from trying to work it in Excel - no
go! Bring it to Word, reformat it easily and bring it back to Excel. Thank
you from 3 of us!!

"dgysr" wrote:

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How
do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

paw

There are a couple of ways to change a column to UPPER case without using Word
as an intermediary.

1. In a helper column enter =UPPER(cellref)

Copy that down as far as you wish.

2. Use a macro to make the change in place.

Sub Upper()
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = UCase(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"dgysr" wrote:

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How
do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LT LT is offline

"dgysr" wrote:

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How
do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI
Try one of these : =UPPER(G1)will do this =TO ALWAYS ROUND UP TO THE NEXT
Or this one =PROPER(G1) will do this = To Always Round Up To The Next X.95,
Try:
HTH
John
"LT" wrote in message

"dgysr" wrote:

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters.
How
do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or for an initial capital:

=UPPER(LEFT(A1))&LOWER(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1))

Hope this helps.

Pete

John"LT" wrote in message

"dgysr" wrote:

I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters..
How
do I do this?- Hide quoted text -