JerryH

Default Spreadsheet "buttons" that cannot be removed

We have an Oracle application that generates reports in htm format. When we
open this report in MS Excel 2003 it creates "buttons" (that is the best
description I can use) that I cannot remove. The buttons are on the
spreadsheet, have the same appearance as the row and column designators, and
"float" over the cells. I cannot move them, delete them, or even identify how
they are used. When I click on them a dashed line box appears (like a
select) but still do not respond to a right-click. They are a result of the
lines:

<TH<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="request2" VALUE="Arn"</TH
<TH<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="request2" VALUE="Nmfs Contact"</TH
<TH<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="request2" VALUE="Consultation Title"</TH

in the htm file. We need these to be removed from the spreadsheet. I can
edit the htm file, remove these lines, and open the file in Excel as a fix,
however this is not a workable solution for our staff. I would prefer
providing an explanation on how to remove these "buttons" in Excel. As a
final piece of information, these do not appear when opening the file in
Excel 97.

Thanks....