THEFALLGUY

Default Separating a name into first name and last name columns

I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the
following way:
<Last Name,<Space<First Name - thus it looks like the following:
ADAMS, ROSEMARY

I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I
appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers
in Excel, not in Visual Basic.

Thank you,
THEFALLGUY

David Hepner

Or you could use these formulas (assuming the name is in cell A1):

B1 =LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1,1)-1)
C1 =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1,1)-1)