Fran Jones

Default Cell grid lines won't show up, and have box checked

I imported a file from Quattro Pro. The data looks fine but the cell grid
lines don't show up, and I have the grid line box checked under
format/display. Any ideas?
Ragdyer

How about in:
<Tools <Options <View tab,
And under "Window Options", make sure "Gridlines" *IS* checked,
*AND*, the color is "Automatic".
--
HTH,

RD

"Fran Jones" <Fran wrote in message
I imported a file from Quattro Pro. The data looks fine but the cell grid
lines don't show up, and I have the grid line box checked under
format/display. Any ideas?

Cutter

Try formatting all the cells as having no background fill colour. They
may presently be formatted as having white background fill colour.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848

Gord Dibben

Fran

Select all cells then FormatCellsPatternsNo Color

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Cutter" wrote:

Try formatting all the cells as having no background fill colour. They
may presently be formatted as having white background fill colour.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401758

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I had symptoms where some of the grid lines would print and some would not.
It also was inconsistent with spreadsheets. Sometimes it would work and
others it didn't. I'm not sure why that happened, but the solution was to
install an older printer driver. After that, the grid lines were fine.

Jeff

"Fran Jones" wrote:

I imported a file from Quattro Pro. The data looks fine but the cell grid
lines don't show up, and I have the grid line box checked under
format/display. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any fill in the cells will obscure the gridlines. But you can apply borders
for the same effect.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP