biz

Default Vlookup on excel 2002 version

Column A Column B Column C

1) I want to retreive results comparing column A to (B & C)

2) I also want to compare results comparing column A to B

Could you please give me the 2 lookup formulas.

--
biz
roly

Can you give us a bit more information please - I or somebody else
should be able to help.

All the best,

Roly

--
roly
roly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24631

biz

Hi Roly,

I want column A to be the lookup column and compare to column B. The results
in column C will be the row items that are equal in both columns A & B. I
need a vlookup formula for this.

Example:

Column A
1
11
2

Column B
2
35
8
11

Column C (Vlookup formula Results)
2
11

In addition if you are able to give me the vlookup formula for the ablove,
is it possible to use column A as vlookup & compare against 2 other columns
at the same time (i.e. column D & E) to check if there are similar row items
in columns D & E?

Thanks

--
biz

"roly" wrote:

Hi,

Can you give us a bit more information please - I or somebody else
should be able to help.

All the best,

Roly

--
roly
roly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24631
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401194

roly

Hi Biz,

I can get this but it will give duplicates in column C - I have the
feeling that you do not want this so is there a minimum to maximum
range of number? This will enable us to use a separte column as
criteria, which will only show the values that are equal once.

If not, let me know.

All the best,

Roly

--
roly
roly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24631
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401194

biz

Hi Roly,

I would like the vlookup to check column A against column B & give me the
resullts that match the 2 columns in Column C. There will be duplicate
results because I need a match. This is the purpose of the vlookup formula
for this task. Do you understand? Thanks!
--
biz

"roly" wrote:

Hi Biz,

I can get this but it will give duplicates in column C - I have the
feeling that you do not want this so is there a minimum to maximum
range of number? This will enable us to use a separte column as
criteria, which will only show the values that are equal once.

If not, let me know.

All the best,

Roly

--
roly
roly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24631
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401194

biz

Hi Roly,

i apologize i think i misunderstood you in my last reply 9/12th. Go ahead &
give me the vlookup formula that will return the matched values without
duplications. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
--
biz