Junior Member

Cool v lookup problem

Hello everyone,

My query is fairly complexed so instead of explaining the formula I will explain the scenario I am trying to accompolish.

I am trying to monitor our outstanding balances with our current suppliers against agreed credit limits.

To do this effectively I am downloading data from sage into 1 spreadsheet daily (and refreshing) which contains line by line purchase order references with amounts etc and then on a master spreadsheet I have created a grand total columns per supplier calculating what we then have available to spend (actual v's credit limit).

Here comes the difficult bit.........

I am then have a seperate spreadsheet which requisition users use when placing orders. In column A they will enter the Purchase Order reference and amount line by line.

As these orders are classed as "open orders" I also need to add these balances to my master spreadsheet in a seperate column as "open orders". However, if we have received an invoice for this open order (which will appear in the download from sage) I want to avoid duplication of bringing a value into my open orders column of the master spreadsheet as it has already been accounted for.

In essence I need invoices, open orders without duplication of adding in an open order which has already been accounted for in the invoices from Sage.

The only way I can do this is by using the purchase order number as a reference but need a vlookup formula (i think ??) to execute this.

Your help would be very much appreciated!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default v lookup problem

--
ryan501

Send your file to me personally and I'll take a look later.