tj

Default How do I do column headings if it takes up more than 1 line?

I am making a chart that includes 7 colums and each column has a heading but
some of the titles takes up more than 1 line. It falls on two or three
lines, how do I go about doing that? I tried to merge it but that didn't do
anything.
Peo Sjoblom

Add a line feed with alt + enter for a new line in the same cell

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"tj" wrote in message
I am making a chart that includes 7 colums and each column has a heading
but
some of the titles takes up more than 1 line. It falls on two or three
lines, how do I go about doing that? I tried to merge it but that didn't
do
anything.

Earl Kiosterud

tj,
For most Excel tools (charts, sort, pivot tables, autofilter, etc.), you
need to have your headings in a single row. Use Alt-Enter as Peo suggested.
Or set the heading row cells to wrap the text (Format - Cells - Alignment).
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com