James T

Default Syntax Error - Using Microsoft Query and ODBC link to a table

For some background - I am usingExcel 2000, SP-3A.

1) I am going into DATA/GET EXTERNAL DATA/NEW DATABASE QUERY.
2) Selecting my ODBC source and connecting to the source with no issues.
3) Selecting a SINGLE table from the ODBC soucred database and then VIEWING
THE DATA OR EDIT THE DATA IN MICROSOFT QUERY.
4) Selecting the fields that I want to show in my query results (dropping
and dragging)
5) Choosing VIEW/CRITERIA and then dropping the DATE field in the criteria
section and enter in a date of the 01/05/2005.
6) When I then go RECORDS/QUERY NOW I received an error "SYNTAX ERROR".

If I use criteria for other fields (not date fields) then it works ok and I
do not get any error messages.

Can someone help??