-   -   Leading zero in zip code won't print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43138-leading-zero-zip-code-wont-print.html)

J Mac

Leading zero in zip code won't print

I just tried to print a Christmas list many of whom live in N.J.
which has many zip codes that start with a zero. They don't
print. This is with Office 2003. That has to be a fix for this.

Any help please??

Thanks

Gary's Student

Zip codes are a special format. Select a cell and then pull-down:

Format Cells... Number Special

and select Zip Code or Zip Code+4 as you prefer
Then enter the data with a leading zero.

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student

"J Mac" wrote:

I just tried to print a Christmas list many of whom live in N.J.
which has many zip codes that start with a zero. They don't
print. This is with Office 2003. That has to be a fix for this.

Any help please??

Thanks

J Mac

Can I do a whole column at once that way??

"J Mac" wrote:

I just tried to print a Christmas list many of whom live in N.J.
which has many zip codes that start with a zero. They don't
print. This is with Office 2003. That has to be a fix for this.

Any help please??

Thanks

J Mac

"Gary's Student" wrote in message
Zip codes are a special format. Select a cell and then pull-down:

Format Cells... Number Special

and select Zip Code or Zip Code+4 as you prefer
Then enter the data with a leading zero.

Thanks very much. I should have said I was using Word 2003 to mail merge.

Dave Peterson

You have another reply at your post in .excel.

J Mac wrote:

I just tried to print a Christmas list many of whom live in N.J.
which has many zip codes that start with a zero. They don't
print. This is with Office 2003. That has to be a fix for this.

Any help please??

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

J Mac

I just got done trying it and it didn't work for me. I am using Office
2003.
I made the changes in excel and used Word Mail Merge to print labels.

"Gary's Student" wrote in message
Zip codes are a special format. Select a cell and then pull-down:

Format Cells... Number Special

and select Zip Code or Zip Code+4 as you prefer
Then enter the data with a leading zero.

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student

J Mac

Thanks Dave,

The article you furnished in the other ng had the answer (I guess). I
haven't
tried it yet.

It said to simply put an apostrophe in front of the 0. It won't print but
the 0 will
(or so it says). I will try very soon and let you know.

J Mac

All I had to do was put an apostrophe ' in front of the 0 and that
worked. The "0" printed but not the apostrophe.