Prasad

Default Set Default Value in Cells

How do I set the value in my work sheet cells so that data eneterd in the
cell autumaticlly converts to negative.

EG. if I typed in 25, I would liek the cell to show the value as - 25.

Prasad Gopinath

galimi

Prasad,

One way to accomplish this would be to capture a worksheet Change event and
after validating the changed cell is a numeric value, multiply it by negative
one.
--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"Prasad" wrote:

How do I set the value in my work sheet cells so that data eneterd in the
cell autumaticlly converts to negative.

EG. if I typed in 25, I would liek the cell to show the value as - 25.

Prasad Gopinath

Dave Peterson

I'd use two cells--one for the input and one for the value that I wanted to use:

Say A1 for the user input, then put this in B1:

=-abs(a1)

You could even hide that column B if you wanted to make it prettier.

Prasad wrote:

How do I set the value in my work sheet cells so that data eneterd in the
cell autumaticlly converts to negative.

EG. if I typed in 25, I would liek the cell to show the value as - 25.

Prasad Gopinath

--

Dave Peterson
Eric

Prasad,

If you don't need to use the numbers in any calculations later, you could
just fudge it by using a custom format to put a negative in front of the
numbers even if they're positive.

"-0;-0" would do it.

Eric