Fred Holmes

Default Font with Monospaced Numbers

Can someone recommmend a readily available sans serif font, similar to
Arial, that has monospaced numbers, so that a column of numbers will
line up. When I use Arial in an Excel worksheet, the "1" occupies a
narrow space, and causes a column of numbers to misalign.

I don't want a totally monospaced font (I have one of those). Only
the numbers, not text/letters should be monospaced.

Thanks for your help.

Fred Holmes

Fred Holmes

Courier is all monospaced. Don't want that. Want only the numbers
monospaced. Up until now, I was under the impression that Arial had
monospaced numbers so that columns would line up.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:45:03 -0800, "Jason Morin"
wrote:

Try using Courier.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Can someone recommmend a readily available sans serif

font, similar to
Arial, that has monospaced numbers, so that a column of

numbers will
line up. When I use Arial in an Excel worksheet,

the "1" occupies a
narrow space, and causes a column of numbers to misalign.

I don't want a totally monospaced font (I have one of

those). Only
the numbers, not text/letters should be monospaced.

Thanks for your help.

Fred Holmes
.

Fred Holmes

Both Tahoma and Verdana have narrow ones ("1") on my machine, and
columns of numbers still don't line up. Windows 2000, SP-4, Excel
2000.

Still looking.

Fred Holmes wrote:

Can someone recommmend a readily available sans serif font, similar to
Arial, that has monospaced numbers, so that a column of numbers will
line up. When I use Arial in an Excel worksheet, the "1" occupies a
narrow space, and causes a column of numbers to misalign.

JE McGimpsey

Go figure.

For me Arial lines up fine (XL03, but not XL04) and Verdana and Tahoma
line up fine in both XL03 and XL04.

All six fonts supplied by MS.

In article ,
Fred Holmes wrote:

Both Tahoma and Verdana have narrow ones ("1") on my machine, and
columns of numbers still don't line up. Windows 2000, SP-4, Excel
2000.

Dave Peterson

If you change the zoom factor to 100% does it look ok?

If yes, then maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help:

You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a
backup copy of the registry first):

1. From the Start button, choose Run
2. Type regedit then click OK
3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Open Software, Microsoft, Office, 9.0, Excel, Options
5. Choose EditNewDWORD Value
6. Type the name for the DWORD: FontSub
7. Press Enter to complete the renaming
8. Choose EditModify
9. Type 0 as the value, select Decimal, and click OK
10. Close the Registry Editor

=====
That 9.0 will vary with your version of excel.

--

Dave Peterson
Fred Holmes

Yes, it does look ok with a zoom factor of 100. I'll give the
registry edit a try. Thanks very much.

Fred Holmes