Plots

Default "worksheetx!A1" - how do I get "worksheetx" to be a variable?

Scenario - In a summary worksheet there are 50 lines of figures called Plot1
to Plot 50. Each line has a detailed breakdown in a separate worksheet - the
worksheets are called plot 1 to plot 50. For plot 1, I want to refer to
different cells in the "plot 1 worksheet". Then I want to populate the same
formula for all 50 lines of data in the summary sheet without typing in
different references for each line.

How do I do this?
Rowan

One way would be to use the INDIRECT formula.

For example, on your summary sheet, you could enter Plot1 in cell A1. If you
wanted B1 to display the value of cell F10 on the Plot1 sheet you could enter
the formula =INDIRECT(A1&"!F10").

If A2 is Plot2 copying the formula down would give you value of cell F10 on
the Plot2 sheet and so on. The contents of Column A (or wherever is
appropriate) on the summary sheet must exactly match the sheet names.

Hope this helps
Rowan