Pitt

Default Automation of Font Resizing

URGENT: PLEASE HELP

I would like to know of a cell format setting, a formula, VB program, or any
other method to automatically resize the font size if the value entered is
too large and results in the display of the following: "####..." It would be
ideal if the font would downsize so that numbers could be displayed.

The cells display numbers, size 12 font, tahoma. Numbers up to 999.99
diplay, 1,000.00 (+) displays "###". Workbook was originally designed to
accomodate larger numbers using size 10 font, but other parties decided much
later in the game that they wanted larger text.

INFO: My workbook has many similar worksheets that are intended to be
changed regularly. Each workesheet has hundreds of cells that are
referenceing another worksheet's data or some other source. When a value
entered in the "referenced cell(s)" is too large, several worksheets could
have cells displaying the aformentioned error. My deadline is near and the
workbook has grown too large to make the affected cells larger (ex. by
merging more cells) to accomodate more text and/or to review each worksheet
for any affected cell.
Pitt

Mike - Changing all the file size down won't work. As stated, I originally
had the font size lower (size 10) BUT this Motivator decided he wanted size
12 font which works fine as long as a the cell value is not 1,000.00 (+).
Also doing so will affect other formatting which I don't want.

Pitt

"Pitt" wrote:

[...]

Henry

Pitt,

Select all the used columns using the column letters at the top.
FormatColumnAutofit Selection.

This will resize your column widths to fit the widest entry in each column
without changing the font size.
It will increase the width of some columns and decrease the width of others.

Henry

"Pitt" wrote in message
[...]

Elisabeth

Pitt, Format -- Cells -- Alignment, check the Shrink to fit box under the
Text Control section. This format setting will automatically shrink the font
so that it will display within the cell width.
--
Elisabeth