richard_kta

Default when i change data in a sum forumla, the sum doesn't change?

i am doing a simple sum formula, using it several times in the worksheet, and
it used to work fine, however, suddenly now the formulas are only working
after the initial calculation, if i go back and change data later on, the
formula doesn't reflect any changes and special pasting of the formula only
reproduces the value of the original calculation! I want the Sum function to
work as it should. Reflect changes as they are made and be able to paste a
function to another group of cells!

bill k

does the formula recalculate when you press F9

have a look at <tools<options<calculation
is it on manual?

This may have been caused by a previous book opened and saved with the
setting on manual.

--
bill k

bill k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=821
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400209

richard_kta

Just for your information, when i checked the tools/options/calculations
automatic was checked however i hit the calc now (f9) and the sheet started
to work calculation wise.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Under Tools-Options-Calculation make sure Automatic is checked

"richard_kta" wrote:

i am doing a simple sum formula, using it several times in the worksheet, and
it used to work fine, however, suddenly now the formulas are only working
after the initial calculation, if i go back and change data later on, the
formula doesn't reflect any changes and special pasting of the formula only
reproduces the value of the original calculation! I want the Sum function to
work as it should. Reflect changes as they are made and be able to paste a
function to another group of cells!

bill k

This is from Gord Dibben............
Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the
first
workbook opened in that session.

i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first,
calc
mode would be in Manual.

If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and opened it after Book1,
Book2
would be in manual mode(Excel ignores the auto calc mode in this
case).

If you close Book1 before opening Book2, Book2 will be in auto calc
mode.

Confusing enough? <g

Gord

Could it be that you have another book open at the same time?