Scott

Default Delete file in "most recent used" section

I have two files that I have moved on my computer. Now whenever I load excel
it tells me that a file is missing, and the "open a workbook" section
contains two files which no longer exist. How can I delete these from "open
workbook". When I click on them, obviously Excel can't locate them. Thanks
Mike

Click on Tools....Options....clear the recently used file list....click on
Okay.
The history should be cleared. Repeat steps to have that feature return.

"Scott" wrote:

I have two files that I have moved on my computer. Now whenever I load excel
it tells me that a file is missing, and the "open a workbook" section
contains two files which no longer exist. How can I delete these from "open
workbook". When I click on them, obviously Excel can't locate them. Thanks

Gord Dibben

Scott

Several reasons why Excel should tell you a file is missing when you open
Excel.

1. You open Excel from a shortcut that points to a deleted file.

2. You have an Add-in checked in ToolsAdd-ins and Excel can't find the
add-in.

3. You open a file that has links to a deleted file.

None of these will be solved by deleting files from the MRU list. Unless of
course you are trying to open a deleted file that is on the MRU list.

To delete all files from the MRU list, go to ToolsOptionsGeneral and set the
MRU list to zero. Close Excel then re-open and the list will be blank. Reset
to whatever number you want up to 9.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP