BelAir

Default A cell displays many ###'s instead of the text data.

Cell is formatted to wrap. Surrounding cells are ok.

How do we display the text?
Lady Layla

Expand the column width?

"BelAir" wrote in message
: Cell is formatted to wrap. Surrounding cells are ok.
:
: How do we display the text?

Earl Kiosterud

BelAir,

This usually means the column isn't wide enough.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"BelAir" wrote in message
Cell is formatted to wrap. Surrounding cells are ok.

How do we display the text?

Gord Dibben

If widening the column does not help.........

Excel has problems with cells that are formatted as Text when the number of
characters reaches 250 or so.

Format the cells as General and see if that helps.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:15:04 -0800, BelAir
wrote:

Cell is formatted to wrap. Surrounding cells are ok.

How do we display the text?

RagDyeR

Doesn't it (it does) "come back" at some point Gord?

When testing this, I copied and pasted several times, and the text returned
?!?!?!
While the format was *still* Text !

STRANGE !

RD

wrote:

Cell is formatted to wrap. Surrounding cells are ok.

How do we display the text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TD TD is offline

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I've been battling with this problem forever.
You'd think this w/b included in Help for Excel--it's a pretty basic problem.