Default Disk is Full Microsoft Excel

Hi
I have had a problem recently when saving a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
from my client machine which is Windows 98 SE to a Windows Small
Business Server 2003 shared folder.

I read most of the Microsoft knowledge base articles and tried them
without success. I also read most of the Google groups too without
success.

So what worked for me is this.
The file was only 5Mb in size.
The Server had no disk quotas.
I saved the file to my local My documents folder and it worked ok.
But why?
I tried saving it again to the Shared Server folder and it did not
work.
I came across an article about Microsoft word having problems with
links in pages that don't work and may be corrupt.
So I deleted a worksheet which I copied from another workbook to the
problem excel file.
Then I saved it to the server again and it worked. However I did not
want to delete my work so I put it back again and saved again to server
with the same problem.
I decided to see what was in my copied worksheet that might be causing
problems.
It had a lot of #REF and #VALUE in many cells so I deleted all of them
and saved the file to the server and it worked.
So I figure that if you are having trouble saving Excel files to a
server and get Disk is Full error then see if you have lots of #REF or
#VALUE in your cells and delete them or consider that a worksheet in
your workbook may be corrupt.

This worked for me. Let me know if it helps someone.
Regards
Dominic

Hi guess what the problem came back, so it does not have to do with
#REF or #VALUE.

Why does this happen Mr/Mrs MVP, MCE???

Considering that our server has more than 50Gb space left and the file
is only 5Mb in size. I have this environment.

Win98 SE client
Office XP 2002 with Service Pack 3 (I thought service packs were
supposed to help)
SBS 2003 with 50Gb space left.
Excel file is stored on server but when I save it I get a message
saying the disk is full. (Really which disk is that???)

I think my computer has a virtual hidden link to a Microsoft Error Log
Server (MELS) and the disk on the server has a list of all the errors
that occur when using Microsoft products. Every time I have been having
the "disk is full" pop up message occur when trying to save my 5Mb
excel file a hidden message is sent to a MELS and unfortunately the 1
million Terrabyte disk array has run out of space. So I think Microsoft
may need to intall another disk to accomodate the error calls going to
the MELS coming from my computer.

Regards
Dominic

Regards