jmkona

Default Skipping blanks

When I try to copy data and paste it without the blanks in between, I use the
paste special and check on the "skip blanks" box. However it does not work.
Does anyone know how to accomplish this, or why it is not working?

Dave Peterson

You could paste and then eliminate the blanks.

Select the pasted range
edit|goto|special
check blanks
edit|delete
shift cells up (or whatever you need)

If this doesn't work because of surrounding data, you could insert a new
worksheet, paste there, eliminate those blank cells and then copy this new range
and paste.

(Then delete the helper worksheet.)