Jaz

Default Barcodes

I have to make an excel spreadsheet that has a number in one column and a
corresponding barcode in the next column.

I can add the number in the first cell, drag it down and it will auto
populate in sequential order.
Ex (10000, 10001, 10002....)

Now I need to put the corresponding barcode in the next column. The number
will look like this: *10000*, *10001*,*10002*.... And then I change the
font to a barcode font.

Does anybody know how I can get this to auto populate down the column? The
dragging method does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jasper

Excel_Geek

Type this formula and copy it down the column.

="*"&A1&"*"

Then, if you want to, copy that entire column and paste special --
values (if you want to get rid of the formulas you just copied and just
have the *10001* figures.

--
Excel_Geek

Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399615

Ian

Not sure if either of these will help as I don't think I have a barcode font
to try.

If you format the cells as Custom and type in "*"#"*" as the format
(including all the quotes), the cells are displayed as you showed by just
typing in the number, but the underlying data remains a number (eg type in
10000 and it is displayed as *10000*). I don't know how this would affect
the barcode font, but it does autopopulate.

Another option would be to use a formula in the second column. Assuming your
numbers are in column A staring at row 1. In B1 type ="*"&A1&"*" and copy
this down the column.

--
Ian