LDJinLA

Default Can software be downloaded to my laptop from CD issued with my n.

I have a new computer at work which I upgraded with Microsoft Office Basic
Edition 2003. Can I download the CD that came with the computer into my
personal laptop?
garfield-n-odie

No. The End User License Agreement will tell you that you cannot
install Office 2003 Basic on any other computer than the one it came with.

LDJinLA wrote:

I have a new computer at work which I upgraded with Microsoft Office Basic
Edition 2003. Can I download the CD that came with the computer into my
personal laptop?

Debra Dalgleish

In Excel, choose HelpAbout Microsoft Office Excel
Click the link to 'View End User Licence Agreement'

In my copy, it says:

1.1 Installation and use. You may:
(a) install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or
other device; and
(b) install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable
device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of
the Software.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

garfield-n-odie

Different editions of Office 2003 have different End User License
Agreements. If you read your EULA, I think you'll find that it doesn't
say the same thing as Debra's because you have Office 2003 Basic.

LDJinLA wrote:

I have a new computer at work which I upgraded with Microsoft Office Basic
Edition 2003. Can I download the CD that came with the computer into my
personal laptop?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Lady Layla

From Microsoft website -- EULA for Office 2003 standard version,Office 2003
Professional and Office 2003 Professional:

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights provided that you
comply with all terms and

conditions of this EULA:

1.1 Installation and use. You may:

(a) install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or other
device; and

(b) install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device for
the exclusive use of the primary

user of the first copy of the Software.

In other words -- they all have the SAME EULA

Can you put the EULA you are describing here Garfield-n-odie?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
: Different editions of Office 2003 have different End User License
: Agreements. If you read your EULA, I think you'll find that it doesn't
: say the same thing as Debra's because you have Office 2003 Basic.
:
: LDJinLA wrote:
:
: Thanks for your help. I got two conflicting answers, but I like yours
better!
: "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
:
:
: LDJinLA wrote:
:
: I have a new computer at work which I upgraded with Microsoft Office Basic
: Edition 2003. Can I download the CD that came with the computer into my
: personal laptop?
:
:
: --
: Debra Dalgleish
: Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
:
:
:

garfield-n-odie

Your list does not include Office 2003 Basic, which is not the same as
Office 2003 Standard.

Lady Layla wrote:
From Microsoft website -- EULA for Office 2003 standard version,Office 2003
Professional and Office 2003 Professional:

Lady Layla

So what is Microsoft's printed EULA exactly say for Office 2003 Basic - copy and
paste it here.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
: Your list does not include Office 2003 Basic, which is not the same as
: Office 2003 Standard.
:
: From Microsoft website -- EULA for Office 2003 standard version,Office 2003