Adam Eichen

Default How do I track how often a cell is being referenced?

I have a very large SS with multiple worksheets. I need to make some changes
but don't want to effect Macros or other formulas.

If A1 has a value of 2 and
B1 has a value of 3 and
C1 has a formula of A1+B1

Is there a function or command I can use on A1 that will show me that it is
included in a formula in C1?
Dave O

If you'll click View Toolbars and check "Formula Auditing" a toolbar
appears; in your scenario, with the cell pointer on cell A1, click
Trace Dependents and a line will point to cell C1. This is a
one-at-a-time approach, though; how many times will you need to do this?

Adam Eichen

"Dave O" wrote:

If you'll click View Toolbars and check "Formula Auditing" a toolbar
appears; in your scenario, with the cell pointer on cell A1, click
Trace Dependents and a line will point to cell C1. This is a
one-at-a-time approach, though; how many times will you need to do this?

THANK YOU! I knew there had to be something. Don't know how I overlooked
it. There is about 50 cells I have to check, but this will make it much
easier.