claytorm

Default Auto download spreadsheet

Hi,

I'm putting together a model which uses lots of stock price
information. Yahoo provides downloads of stock price data,

e.g. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=vod

scroll to the bottom for the download link

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/tabl...88&ignore=.csv

Imagine a workbook with 100 sheets with this data for different
companies. I want to set it up so that the data will import to
individual sheets, and easily updated, e.g. with a button. The sheets
can be named with the company identifier found in the URL, e.g VOD is
Vodafone.

Quite a project for someone of my limited experience, so if anyone can
put me on the right track, I'd be most grateful.

Bertie.

Thanks to those who have helped out with my recent queries.

--
claytorm
claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11610