RAB

Default Ending zero

A user of mine pulls up a spreadsheet where the format of a column is in
numeric format. She needs to change it to text but when she does that it
cuts off the 0 if the cell is 23.30. We need to keep that ending 0. She has
too many records to sit there and go back to and add the zero manually. I
tried custom formatting which works, but when she does the mail merge in word
it doesn't recognize the custom formatting and cuts off the 0. Only way it
recognizes in word if formatted text HELP!!!!!

Bernard Liengme

Select the column and use the Increase Decimals tool to get two decimals
Equivalent is select and use Format|Cells, number -2 decimals
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"RAB" wrote in message
A user of mine pulls up a spreadsheet where the format of a column is in
numeric format. She needs to change it to text but when she does that it
cuts off the 0 if the cell is 23.30. We need to keep that ending 0. She
has
too many records to sit there and go back to and add the zero manually. I
tried custom formatting which works, but when she does the mail merge in
word
it doesn't recognize the custom formatting and cuts off the 0. Only way
it
recognizes in word if formatted text HELP!!!!!

RAB

Thank you so much that worked. Having a brain fart should have known that.
:-)~

"bj" wrote:

try the Text() function
=text(A1,"0.00")