Sunantoro

Default text diagonal

Occasionally I need to put big color text, something like: "PAID" or
"CONFIDENTIAL" or "CANCELLED" diagonally on certain spreadsheetS.
How can I put it diagonally rather than only horizontally or vertically.
Thanks.
FSt1

hi,
formatcellsallignment taborientatins box
adjust the spin button up to 45 degrees.

Regards
FSt1

"Sunantoro" wrote:

Occasionally I need to put big color text, something like: "PAID" or
"CONFIDENTIAL" or "CANCELLED" diagonally on certain spreadsheetS.
How can I put it diagonally rather than only horizontally or vertically.
Thanks.

Bryan Hessey

You can tilt the text within a cell, (Format Cell, Alignment, tilt) but
in the case you are asking I think you would be meaning a Watermark, for
which you could start at

http://tinyurl.com/9h5gr

a posting courtesy of Ron de Bruin on Oct 12 2004

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399010

y_not

I used to use wordart (from the drawing toolbar) to do this sort of
thing.

You can resize it, colour it, change the outline etc. to suit your
needs.

--
y_not
y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19947

Roger Govier

One way
Right click on a blank area of your Toolbar, and select the WordArt toolbar.
Click on the large "A" at the left of the bar and select the type you
prefer, (the first one is quite suitable)a nd press enter.
Type in PAID, set Font size to whatever size you want and OK.
Drag to the desired position and use the Rotate handle to to the desired
angle.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Sunantoro" wrote in message
Occasionally I need to put big color text, something like: "PAID" or
"CONFIDENTIAL" or "CANCELLED" diagonally on certain spreadsheetS.
How can I put it diagonally rather than only horizontally or vertically.
Thanks.

Sunantoro

To my surprise that most of my questions have been questioned and answered in
various other discussions. The Nice thing is that there are always people who
are willing to direct me to those discussion sites. Thanks gentlemen!
SUNAN