wijimbo

Default how do i sort a col of formulas in excel

i have a col of totals in the form of formulas. i want to sort this col but
somehow i need to freeze the results of the formulas first.
Paul Sheppard

wijimbo Wrote:
i have a col of totals in the form of formulas. i want to sort this col
but
somehow i need to freeze the results of the formulas first.

Hi wijimbo

If you don't need the formulae anymore highlight the column and Copy
Paste Special Values on the same column then do the sort. If you do
need the formulae, then do the Paste Special Values into a new column,
do the sort and then delete the new column

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398485

Dave O

Not sure I follow your intent: what is about the formulas that you need
to sort?