Ruthe6

Default Combining text

I have an electronic newsletter that I send out once/month that I export the
addresses to an Excel worksheet. I need to be able to combine all address
(over 300) with a comma between to copy and paste to the newsletter.

Help!
Dave O

What format is your data currently in? If, for instance, Name is in
column A, Address in column B, City in col C, and you need to create a
single comma delimited entry, you can use
=A1&","&B1&","&C1

Does that do what you need?

bauey

You might want to try saving the file as as CSV (Comma Delimited) file rather
than XLS. Then instead of using Excel to open the CSV file, try using a text
editor like Notepad to open it. You'll see your addresses with commas in
between. Enjoy! =P

Ralph Dy Bautista

"God is real...unless declared an integer..."

"Ruthe6" wrote:

I have an electronic newsletter that I send out once/month that I export the
addresses to an Excel worksheet. I need to be able to combine all address
(over 300) with a comma between to copy and paste to the newsletter.

Help!

David McRitchie

Hi Ruth,
You may have trouble mailing 300 all at once from most home user ISP
accounts. You may also have trouble with one very large concatenation
due to limits in Excel.

But you can use simply end each name with a comma or semicolon
=Trim(a1)&","

and copy down then copy and paste your B column into the To or BCC area.

---
HTH,