Chris S.

Default Hard One.

I'm exporting a product sales summary from Quickbooks. I want to build
excell sheet that will look at each product that is comming in and check to
see if that product fits certain variables, if it does see the quanity. Now
i'm also adding together different products because they share simliar parts.
So what would be the best way to go about doing this when you have a few
hundred item #'s. I know I could write one really really long If then
statement but that seems a bit insane. (I could check each item against
every possible item # and then assign it a number and then use a second if
then to find all the item #'s that match the assigned # and grab the quanity
value.. is there an easier way to do this, maybe using arrays or something?
PC

You can probably do this with some variation of SUMPRODUCT. However you
haven't provided enough information to enable me to be more specific than
that.

Keep in mind that you can modify the Quickbooks report (click on modify
report and change the columns to include and use filters as needed) to
include/exclude a great deal of information so use that to your advantage.
Possibly you can get a partial answer using QB and then use XL to get you to
the finish line.

HTH

PC