Roy

Default Finding specific sheets within a workbook

I have a workbook with over 1000 sheets. 25 of these are numbers unit 1,
unit 2, etc... Each one of these is followed by 50 sheets with supplemental
information. Other than organizing the sheets named "unit x" in order, is
there any way to jump or go to these sheets without having to scroll through
all the other sheets between "unit 1" and the last sheet for "unit 25"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ronthedog

Roy Wrote:
I have a workbook with over 1000 sheets. 25 of these are numbers unit
1,
unit 2, etc... Each one of these is followed by 50 sheets with
supplemental
information. Other than organizing the sheets named "unit x" in order,
is
there any way to jump or go to these sheets without having to scroll
through
all the other sheets between "unit 1" and the last sheet for "unit
25"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would suggest the simplest option is to create a navigation sheet
with a hyperlinked cell to each sheet on it. You could then use CTRL+F
to find the sheet you want and click to get to it.

If you want something more dynamic you'll need a macro to read sheet
names and do something like populate a drop-down on a toolbar.

--
ronthedog
ronthedog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26504

Jim Rech

If you right-click on one of the 4 little arrow-heads in the lower left
corner of the worksheet window you'll get a list of the visible sheets which
you can use to go to a specific one. Other than that I might suggest that
you give a unique name (using Insert, Name, Define or Ctrl-F3) to cell A1 on
each sheet you want to be able to go to quickly and then use that name with
the F5 key.

--
Jim